Saturday, March 15, 2008

Feed Me

I’m tired of the excess, the fat, the weight of indulgence. I nibble at judgment like a tasty morsel. I feed discontent with a saucy bite. Swallowing, swallowing, always swallowing, forcing more down the gullet when already I am satiated.

Like excess lard clinging to the bones, hateful, spiteful darkness clings to the soul. I can jiggle the excess on my body and I can spew the excess in my soul. With words and attitude like one who has had a lot of practice, I can transform from light to darkness, from grace to judgment. I’m sure you’ve seen me.

Does that ever happen to you?

1 comment:

  1. When I am so tired and overwhelmed...it is so easy to indulge in being a crabass. It is easier to complain, whine and moan about everything rather than take a moment to appreciate the good in my day...and there is soooo much good. When I take a moment to recognize my indulgence or weakness if you will I quickly turn around my attitude and I am always so glad I did. What a better way to live and love!

    ReplyDelete