Sunday, May 24, 2009

Absolute Value 2

Reflecting on a previous post, "Absolute Value", I hadn't fully resolved the issue of zero.

Briefly, the parallel I drew between absolute value and life circumstances, whether positive or negative, good or evil, in light or in darkness, have directly resulted in my spiritual growth. Gain and loss have equally contributed in helping me to understand spiritual truth.

But I wasn't completely settled on the value of zero. Zero is the center point on a number line; the point from which all measurement begins. It has no measurable value and yet is necessary because without it there is no foundation from which to begin placing value. But comparing zero to God seemed like a contradiction because His value is without limits - immeasurable actually.

Until it occurred to me that zero represents God's humility, His willingness to be nothing in order that we may be something.

Zero is the heart of a good servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment