Saturday, June 6, 2009

Principles

Don't complain. Don't explain.
I heard this admonition recently. It reminded me of two scriptures.
Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
Don't complain. It fosters doubt in the sovereignty of God.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Don't explain. If I am still and know that God is in control, then I don't feel compelled to explain. I simply enter His rest and wait on Him to reveal Himself.
I am at peace knowing that God is the one who is shaping my life - everyone's lives actually. I have no reason to complain or explain. It's really all about Him.
(Apologies for the appearance. For some unknown reason, the format isn't allowing spacing between the paragraphs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment