Friday, January 11, 2008

Lighten Up

I happened to be organizing my stash of yarn when my cell phone rang. Glancing at the caller ID, I saw my friend Pat's name.

"Happy New Year, Pat!" I grinned as I answered the phone. "You'll never guess what I'm doing. Putting my yarn into bins to display in my room. Inspiration, you know."

I was pleasantly surprised at her call. Her upbeat voice was welcoming. "I just talked to Ann. We decided two weeks is too long to wait. We're meeting Thursday at Jeremiah Joe's. I'll call the others. See you there."

We hung up, both anticipating our upcoming knitting session. Normally, we meet on Tuesday mornings at the coffee shop and Saturday afternoons at the library. With the holidays though, we were missing two weeks of our routine - some might say therapy. The unexpected call brightened my day.

So many paths to love and friendship. Groups of women gather through a common love of fiber and craft. Conversations flow as freely as the yarn through our hands and needles, sometimes practical, at other times philosophical, and often downright hysterical.

We knit our way into a sisterhood of the heart sharing each other's joys and concerns. We encourage and help each other with challenging patterns and with life's challenges.

And whenever we get together, it is always cause to lighten up!

No comments:

Post a Comment